NOAA CREST SUMMER BRIDGE PROGRAM
June 22 - August 17, 2018 (please note that the start and end dates might change depending on which campus you select for internship)
The application deadline is April 15, 2018.
Exciting Research Areas
- Coastal Resilience
- Atmospheric Hazards
- Water Prediction & Ecosystem Services
- Learn about the Center's Research.
- See FLYER for the summer bridge program
The internships are offered at following NOAA CREST locations:
- The City College of City University of New York, NY
- Hampton University, VA
- San Diego State University, CA
- University of Puerto Rico, Mayaguez, PR
- University of Maryland, Baltimore County, MD
- University of Texas, El Paso, TX
- 8 weeks of research experience
- Learn about NOAA missions related STEM fields (Science, Social Science and Engineering)
- Hands-on research guided by faculty mentors and graduate students
- Graduate school advising
- Special seminars, professional preparation and training for freshmen and sophomores on how to submit a successful application package for NOAA Undergraduate Scholarship Programs http://www.noaa.gov/office-education/epp-msi/undergraduate-scholarship
- Special seminars, speakers, lab tours, and field trips
- $4,000 summer internship stipend on successful completion of the 8 weeks internship
- Must be a United States citizen. International students or permanent residents are NOT eligible for this opportunity.
- Freshmen, Sophomores, Juniors, and non-graduating seniors enrolled in four year colleges and universities in the United States
- Incoming Seniors transferring to senior colleges are strongly encouraged to apply
- Engineering and Earth and Physical Science majors
- 3.0 grade point average or higher
- No prior research experience is required
- Students who are first in their family to go to college, come from low-income backgrounds, are from underserved communities, and/or are women and/or veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Application for the 2018 Program – click here
- We are currently accepting applications. The application deadline has been extended to April 30, 2018.
Questions can be addressed to:
Mr. César Ortiz, CREST Academic Center Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org or
Ms. Olga Joseph, CREST Communications & Outreach Manager, email@example.com